Who is ANNE?
ALH語言學校是以加拿大最有名的小說Anne of Green Gables為名。
Anne of Green Gables是一本1908年的小說，作者是加拿大籍的 Lucy Maud Montgomery。內容是關於Anne Shirley，一位11歲加拿大女孩的冒險故事。小說講述了Anne與卡斯柏特一家(the Cuthbert family)的生活，她的校園與小鎮生活經驗。 小說出版以來，已經賣出超過5千萬本，譯本多達20國語言。小女孩的故事啟發了世界各地無數人。
101 6 Ave SW Unit# 1250, Calgary, AB T2P 3P4, Canada
ANNE’S Language House是一間小型學校，環境友善，氛圍接納大家
|0850 1030||BLOCK 1|
|1040 1130||BLOCK 2|
|1135 1225||BLOCK 3|
|1310 1415||BLOCK 4|
|1425 1530||BLOCK 5|
ALH General English Level Chart
一般英文 General English
總共等級: 5 級
每個等級長度：10 週 (5 weeks x 2 modules)
每週堂數：20 堂 (GE20) 、 25 堂 (GE25)
All-around ability in English at any entry levels
Weekly oral presentation to improve speaking skills and gain confidence.
Review tests to assess student’s progress and identify student’s strength and weakness.
Speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills, naturally including grammar and vocabulary.
Main Textbook is an integrated skills series that gets students talking – in class, and everywhere.
GE1 – GE2
• Focusing on the foundation of grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation for confident speaking.
• Introduction of reading, writing and listening skills.
• Practical English to understand high-frequency phrases and to know what to say in typical situations.
• Fresh challenges to help them realize how much they know and make their passive knowledge active.
• Reviewing fundamental vocabulary and grammar and putting new vocabulary and grammar into practice.
• Practical English to get used to listening to faster, more colloquial speech.
• Improving reading skills with a wide variety of authentic text types and writing skills with guided writing tasks.
GE4 – GE5
• Using more sophisticated grammar structures with fluency and developing awareness of different grammatical
structures in order to use them appropriately.
• Focusing on advanced vocabulary to enable them to use the appropriate word or phrase according to the context or
• Reading skills with a wide variety of totally authentic texts in more professional and academic contents.
• Regular practice in planning, organizing, writing and checking to write quickly and accurately for more professional
and academic purposes.
密集會話 Intensive Conversation
IC20 / IC25
The Intensive Conversation is focused on speaking and listening, and students also spend time on grammar, reading and writing. The program is designed to prepare students to communicate effectively in diverse settings. Students develop and polish their English communication skills for academic, employment, and personal goals.
* 課程門檻: Level 3 以上
* 課程長度: 5週 / 10週
* 每週堂數：20 堂 (IC20) 、 25 堂 (IC25)
範例主題 Sample Topics
• 工作職場 Work and occupations
• 人際關係 Relationships
• 生活方式與情緒 Lifestyle and emotion
• 爭議與解方 Issues and solutions
• 表達意見與態度 Expressing opinion and attitude
• 健康 Health
• 同意與反對 Agreeing and disagreeing
• 文化多元 Cultural diversity
雅思準備課程 IELTS Preparation
IP20 / IP25
The IELTS Preparation is designed to develop the specific language skills of students preparing to take the IELTS Examination. This course targets the Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking competencies that are required for optimum performance in the IELTS examination.
* 課程門檻: Level 3 以上
* 課程長度: 5週 / 10週
* 每週堂數：20 堂 (IP20) 、 25 堂 (IP25)
IELTS Preparation focuses on:
• English language skills in the IELTS examination areas: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
• Equipping students with effective skills and strategies needed for the IELTS examination
• Practicing in test-taking strategies with realistic time limits
• Gaining confidence in speaking with mock examination
SAIT南亞伯達理工學院銜接課程 SAIT Pathway
* Pathway 課程 (GE5)：每週25堂課，共10週
補充學習 Supplemental Learning
等級分為3級 Levels are divided by 3 levels.
Level 1: GE 1 and GE 2
Level 2: GE 3 and GE 4
Level 3: GE 4 and GE 5
主題範例 Topic Samples
求生英文 Survival English
Develop practical English skills in everyday situations. Topics include greetings, meeting people, small talk in English, making suggestions, giving opinions, and spare time vocabulary.
工作英文 English for Work
Learn to communicate clearly in business situations such as interviews, presentations and meetings. Learn work-related vocabulary and idioms and improve your business writing.
發音與腔調修正 Pronunciation and Accent Reduction
Learn tips on reducing on your accent and how to say difficult sounds in English. Review problem sounds, stress, patterns, intonation, and other features.
創意寫作 Creative Writing
Learn how to use different techniques to write creatively. Develop creative ideas and express your opinions through writing in a variety of forms.
加拿大片語及俚語 Canadian Idioms and Slang
Learn a variety of English expressions that are used in daily conversation with a special emphasis on commonly used Canadian idioms and slang.
Develop reading fluency, accuracy, and comprehension by reading passages from a variety of sources such as newspapers, magazines, books, and websites.